A Pathway for Personal Success
Achieve personal mastery as you transcend challenges and learn the secrets of soaring to new heights.
Mastery: “ascendancy or victory in struggle or competition.” (Webster’s New Word Dictionary)
Masters are the victors of life, those who step up to the challenges and opportunities of life with the courage, determination and wisdom to win the private and public victories.
Mastery does not happen by accident. It is a process that occurs as we interact effectively with the events and circumstances of our lives. Each moment of our lives provides an opportunity to practice mastery by expanding our visions, awakening the faculties of our minds and our hearts, and assuming full responsibility for living, growing and contributing.
What You Can Expect:
People who attend this program will learn a set of principles that will change the way they view their lives as well as their performance on the job. They will grow in self-understanding, confidence, personal effectiveness and their ability to handle the challenges/opportunities of the workplace. Such a personal transformation forms the foundation for organizational transformation.
Principles of Self-Mastery
- The Integrity Model: A paradigm of personal effectiveness that defines success as what happens within you rather than what happens to you.
- Embrace Reality: Discover power and fulfillment as you stop wasting time resenting, complaining, wishing and blaming but rather keep your focus on what you can control.
- Exercise Responsibility: See how your success and quality of life come from choices you make and learn to act rather than react to the events of your life.
- Conquer Your Key Moments: Learn how to conquer and transcend the challenges of life by changing your thinking, feelings, and behavior.
- Clarify Your Vision: Know what you want and the steps that you must take to achieve it.
- Define Your Purpose: Decide what your life is about and those principles by which you will govern yourself.
- Act With Integrity: Translate your purpose and vision into reality and make your day-to-day actions consistent with what is most important.
- Value Who You Are: Make a decision to care for yourself, accept your weaknesses, and acknowledge and build upon your strengths.
This approach to change is not a quick fix. However, during this program you will learn principles and participate in exercises that will allow you to truly become master of your own life.
Structure and Format
“Emotional Intelligence” consists of eight modules (each two to three hours in length) that are scheduled and delivered at least one week apart. The modules include numerous individual and group exercises that make the training come alive and ensure that participants translate the principles into a personal plan of action. This program can be taught to a large group or even a single leader with the trainer acting as a personal coach. The number of participants, structure and format can all be tailored to fit the needs of your organization.
The performance challenges that face companies in every industry … demand the kind of responsiveness, speed, online customization, and quality that is beyond the reach of individual performance. Teams bridge the gap.
-Jan Katzenbach & Douglas Smith, The Wisdom of Teams, 1993
Module 1: The Integrity Model (2 hours)
- Understand the process of self-mastery.
- Learn the flaw inherent in the common symbols of success.
- Develop a new definition of success based upon your personal paradigm.
- Experience the power of your personal paradigm.
- Learn the four different paradigms from which people live.
- The core beliefs of each paradigm.
Module 2: Conquer Your Key Moments (3 hours)
- Understand how you respond to challenging or upsetting events (key moments).
- Explore and understand the patterns in your responses to key moments.
- Develop a process for exploring the consequences of your behavior.
- Choose positive behaviors and feelings during your key moments.
- Identify and challenge the distortions in your interpretations.
- Learn a method for changing weakening beliefs to empowering beliefs.
Module 3: Embrace Reality (2.5 hours)
- Understand the nature of reality.
- Learn the importance of aligning your life to reality.
- Accept some of the difficult realities of your life.
- Explore and let go of resentments, complaints and blame.
- Learn to live in the here and now.
Module 4: Exercise Responsibility (3 hours)
- Learn the meaning and nature of personal responsibility.
- Understand how you avoid taking responsibility for yourself.
- Assess your willingness to accept personal responsibility.
- See the choices available in your life.
- Understand the power and freedom that comes from accepting responsibility.
Module 5: Clarify Your Vision (3 hours)
- Understand the meaning and power of vision.
- Clarify your personal vision.
- Evaluate the thoughts that keep you from living your vision.
- Set goals to achieve your vision.
Module 6: Define Your Purpose (3 hours)
- Understand the difference between three kinds of vision.
- Write your personal purpose statement.
- Clarify your guiding principles.
- Develop affirmations to support you in living your purpose and guiding principles.
• Use the technique of visualization to make your vision a reality.
Module 7: Act with Integrity (2.5 hours)
- Understand the meaning of personal integrity.
- Recognize when you are acting from personal integrity.
- Know the symptoms and consequences of self-betrayal.
- Learn to let what matters most govern what matters least.
- Deepen your commitment to what is most important.
- Learn to make your behavior more congruent with what is most important to you.
Module 8: Value Who You Are (2.5 hours)
- Understand the meaning and importance of self-esteem.
- Become the primary source of your self-esteem.
- Accept your imperfections.
- Learn to make time for self-renewal.
- Acknowledge and build upon your strengths.
- Maintain an attitude of gratitude.